Pollstar Live! Volunteer Program
Are you a Campus Program Advisor who has students studying to be a part of the concert or event industry? Would they benefit from exposure to the people who really make decisions in the industry?
Pollstar Live! offers a limited number of volunteer positions to college students pursuing degrees in Sports & Entertainment Marketing or related fields. The volunteer program offers students an opportunity to work at the conference in trade for their registration cost. Students are responsible for their own travel, lodging and food costs not included in the conference registration.
If you are interested in learning more, please email email@example.com for information.
For your convenience you may also complete and submit the form below. We will review and reply to your valid email address.
Volunteer Requirements And Agreement
1. CRITERIA TO BE A VOLUNTEER You must be available to volunteer for at least 8 hours where needed, during Pollstar Live! 2018. As a volunteer, you must attend the Volunteer Orientation on Monday, February 5, 2018, time TBA.
2. JOB REQUIREMENTS You must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job:
- You must be able to read and follow directions and direct attendees to the proper function.
- You must be able to properly communicate with attendees in a business-like manner.
- You must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
3. CODE OF ETHICS Appropriate behavior is required at all times, during and after work hours when attending conference functions. Excessive alcohol consumption will not be tolerated and you will not be invited to continue as a volunteer. You will be representing POLLSTAR as well as yourself.
4. WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT Volunteers shall not report for duty at Pollstar Live! 2018 functions while under the influence of, or have in their possession while at business functions, any illegal drug. Volunteers may consume conservative amounts of alcoholic beverages provided by hosts at Pollstar Live! 2018 and other business related receptions, dinner and social functions, provided volunteer is of a legal age (21) to consume alcohol in California. Volunteers shall not drink to the point of intoxication; nor may consumption exceed the legal limit. POLLSTAR may terminate your volunteer services without prior notice at its sole discretion.
5. DRESS CODE Volunteers are required to maintain a business like appearance during conference hours, or whenever they are in contact with members; in other words – neat, clean, appropriate and consistent with our professional image. You will be asked to wear a collared dress shirt or polo shirt of a specific solid color. This will help identify you in addition to your badge. We will advise you of the shirt color required prior to the event. Professional business and professional casual are acceptable. “Professional casual” is clothing that includes collared shirts, slacks, skirts, Dockers™, dresses and sweaters. Unacceptable clothing includes T-shirts (unless part of a two-layered ensemble) sweatshirts, sweatpants, shorts, exercise clothes, torn or repaired clothes or blue jeans. If there is any doubt, please ask your supervisor. Not every possible clothing consideration has been listed. Good judgement shall prevail and immediate feedback will be provided should something be considered unacceptable.
6. VOLUNTEER REPRESENTATIONS By applying to volunteer, you represent that:
- I acknowledge that I desire to perform volunteer services for Pollstar Live! 2018.
- I acknowledge that as a volunteer, I will not be paid, but my conference registration fees will be waived.
- I acknowledge that if my duties are not performed as expected in POLLSTAR’s sole discretion, POLLSTAR may terminate my volunteer services without prior notice.
- I acknowledge, understand and declare that: To the best of my knowledge, I am in GOOD PHYSICAL CONDITION and have no disease or injury that would be aggravated by participation as a volunteer.
- I consent to ALL EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT as may be deemed appropriate under existing circumstances by medical personnel.
7. VIOLATIONS OF LAW AND POLLSTAR POLICIES I agree not to use my volunteer services to: (a) violate any local, state or federal law; (b) stalk, harass or harm another individual; (c) collect or store personal data about other users; (d) impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation with POLLSTAR or any person or entity; and (e) interfere with or disrupt POLLSTAR services or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations connected to volunteer work for POLLSTAR.
8. INDEMNIFICATION On behalf of myself and my estate, I hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pollstar Live! 2018 and Pollstar, their respective Board of Directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any claims, demands, actions or liabilities, including attorney’s fees and costs, should I or my spouse, children, representatives, heirs, successors or assigns take any action in violation of the provisions of this agreement.
9. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY As consideration for the opportunity to volunteer for Pollstar Live! 2018, I, on behalf of myself and my spouse, children, representatives, heirs, successors and assigns, hereby release, discharge and waive any and all claims, demands, actions or liabilities that either I or my spouse, children, representatives, heirs, successors, and assigns now have or may hereafter have for injury, damages or other relief of any kind whatsoever resulting from or in any way related to my volunteer work. I further agree that neither I nor my spouse, children, representatives, heirs, successors and assigns, will make a claim against or sue Pollstar Live! 2018 or POLLSTAR, their respective Board of Directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees or agents for any injury, damage or other relief, including any and all workers’ compensation and/or disability claims howsoever caused, resulting from or anyway related to my volunteer work with Pollstar Live! 2018 and POLLSTAR.
10. GOVERNING LAW This agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the substantive laws of the state of California without reference to principles governing choice or conflicts.
11. SEVERABILITY If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties, nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of the terms remain in full force and effect.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT The terms herein constitute the entire, exclusive and final statement of the agreement between you and Pollstar Live! 2018 and POLLSTAR with respect to the subject matter hereof.
13. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I have carefully read this volunteer agreement and release from liability Pollstar Live! 2018 and POLLSTAR and fully understand its contents and sign it of my own free will. I am aware that this is an agreement and release from liability and that it is a binding contract on me, my spouse, children representatives, heirs, successors and assigns and that it is enforceable by Pollstar Live! 2018 and POLLSTAR.